Hampton Inn, Geneva NY
Chrisanntha, Inc. was selected by the City of Geneva to construct the Hampton Inn, following a competitive RFP solicitation, to redevelop 3 blighted city blocks. The results of that development were the site remediation of contaminated properties, major stormwater quality improvements, construction of the Hampton Inn, the relocation of and improvements to the City’s bus station, and creation of a new Lake Street city park. Consequential follow up development included the construction of the Lyons National Bank.
The Hampton Inn is a 55 room hotel, opened in 2005, with a board meeting room, well equipped exericse room, and four-season swimming pool – conveniently located at Geneva’s gateway to the Finger Lakes Wine Trail.
Chrisanntha Inc.’s role in the development included the following:
- Following successful submission of development proposal, entered into a development agreement with the City of Geneva and the Geneva Industrial Development Agency.
- Conducted environmental investigations on mutiple private parcels on three city blocks with particular concerns regarding previous industrial uses and their hazardous wastes.
- Negotiated for the City’s acquisition of 11 private parcels and the relocation of existing businesses for the creation of the hotel development site and city park..
- Oversaw the demolition and clearing of abandoned structures in preparation for the new development.
- Selected and negotiated for a national hotel franchise.
- Completed a market study verifying the financial feasibility of the project.
- Selected and hired architect and engineer to design the hotel project to meet private and public needs for the site.
- Constructed water quality improvement structures for on-site storm water and Castle Creek, which bisects the site in a century-old stone culvert underground.
- Secured municipal and utility permits and approvals required to complete construction of the project.
- Engaged a national construction and mortgage lender to finance the project.
- Enlisted private equity investors to create a partnership to own and operate the development.
- Hired and supervise the management company to maintain daily operations.
- Completed construction on schedule for the Hampton Inn’s May 2005 opening.
The Lake Street hotel development was designed and developed by Chrisanntha, Inc. and was constructed by Iversen Construction Corp.
For additional information and photos of the Hampton Inn, Geneva, visit their website.