Birkett Landing, Penn Yan
Chrisanntha, Inc. developed the historic restoration and adaptive reuse of three warehouses owned continuously for over 100 years by Birkett Mills, creating 12 upscale apartments, a luxury penthouse and approximately 5,000 sf of new commercial space in downtown Penn Yan. Its responsibilities include:
- Purchase the Birkett Mills properties along the Keuka Outlet.
- Investigate soil bearing, structural integrity and environmental conditions of the properties.
- Evaluate market conditions and articulate a development plan for an underserved market niche.
- Collaboratively design a pioneering product for the market with Architect, Site and Structural Engineers, General and Mechanical Contractors.
- Ensure design and construction meets the historic rehabilitation requirements of the National Park Service and State Historic Preservation Office.
- Negotiate easement and access agreements with municipalities and neighboring land owners.
- Obtain site plan approval for new street side and private lot parking, landscaping and utility improvements.
- Secure NYS grant funding, historic tax credit funding, construction and permanent mortgage financing for the project.
- Obtain the permits from the Department of Environment and Conservation and Army Corps. of Engineers to clean and stabilize the shore line of the Keuka Lake Outlet.
- Market and manage rental of completed facility.